I’ve always loved fried rice. The simple combination of green peas, cooked pineapple and rice just really works for me and I can’t explain it really. For this recipe I’ve used widely available veg and quite basic ingredients, all of which I usually just have in my fridge.
This makes 3 – 4 servings
1 1/3 cups rice
1 vegetable stock cube
1 head of cauliflower
3 cloves garlic
2 – 3 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp hoisin sauce
1/4 tsp black pepper
3/4 cup frozen peas
1 cup pineapple
- Cook your rice according to the package, with the addition of the stock cube.
- Chop all your veggies into bite size pieces.
- Sauté the onion, cauliflower, carrots, garlic and pineapple in with a splash of water or pineapple juice and 1 tbsp of soy sauce. Cook with the lid (or foil) on top to steam the veg for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas, black pepper, hoisin and the rest of your soy sauce. Continue to sauté for another few minutes with the lid off .
- Once your rice is finished, add that to the veg mixture and stir to combine everything. Taste it at this point and add more soy sauce or pepper to your liking.
I like to drizzle some sweet chili sauce over it and usually serve it with some baked or fried tofu on top.