I got hooked on coconut soup after trying the cocosoup bowl at CookDaily and I immediately started trying to figure out an easy at home version to satisfy my soup needs. Now I’m not saying this soup stacks up to Cook Daily’s version, but it is very beginner friendly and really tasty so thought I would share!
4 tbsp red curry paste (plus 1tsp for tofu marinade) **always check the curry paste label, most have fish in them. I used Thai Taste brand, purchased in Sainsburys.
1 can coconut milk
6 cups vegetable stock
1 – 2 heads of broccoli
1 package brown rice noodles
1 package tofu
any other veggies you want to throw in there
- Mix 1 tsp curry paste and 1 tbsp water. Cut the tofu into 1 inch cubes and mix the two together in a bowl and put to the side for a few minutes.
- Warm a frying pan on medium heat, add the marinated tofu (with the rest of the marinade) and fry until outer edges are crisp. Set to the side.
- In a large pot, heat up the curry paste and add your coconut milk and vegetable stock. Add broccoli florets and carrot slices as well as any other veggies you want to add. Bring to a boil, turn the heat down to simmer for 10-15 minutes until veggies are cooked.
- Cook your rice noodles as per package instructions.
- Fill your bowl 1/3 full with rice noodles, then add soup to fill the bowl. Top with tofu.
This is such a warming soup and also ends up being quite filling and satisfying with the noodles and tofu. I like to add an extra head of broccoli when I’m feeling in need of some bonus nutrition! Why not!