I’ve just realized that I have yet to post any breakfast recipes on this blog! I am a savoury breakfast person through and through (though I do love a good pancake stack occasionally!) So this recipe is a weekend staple in my house.
Scrambled tofu may sound a bit daunting to non vegans or new vegans who may already have the idea that they don’t like tofu in their heads, but tofu really does take on the flavours that you add to it. Also if you enjoyed scrambled eggs in the past then this is a great healthy, vegan alternative.
I love making this the weekends when I’ve got time for a lazy morning and a big hot breakfast, though it does only take 10 minutes to make! All you need is:
- 1 block tofu
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garlic granules or powder
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 – 1 tsp salt (to taste)
- Optional bit of grated vegan cheese (I like Sainsburys cheddar style)
This recipe is also great when you add some veggies to the mix as well! I like to add mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and spinach, but any veggies would work!
- Heat your oil on a pan on medium heat.
- Crumble the tofu block into the pan and add your turmeric and garlic powder. This is also when you should add your veggies if you want to be a health guru. Let it all cook for about 5 minutes, scrambling with a spatula.
- Add your salt, pepper, nutritional yeast and optional cheeze. Taste a bit to see if you need more salt or pepper.
I love this tofu on a slice of toast with a smear of avocado!