These blondies are so easy to make, I don’t even feel like I can call this a recipe post. It includes a cake mix and a can of coke so if you are looking to spend hours baking an elaborate cake from scratch, this is not the place for you.
I have made these accidentally vegan boxed cakes before, replacing the oil, milk and eggs it says to add, with a tin of fizzy soda. Last time I used a chocolate cake mix with cream soda and it came out so moist and delicious. This is such a simple hack I just had to share it!
1 boxed cake mix – I used Betty Crocker vanilla cake, most mixes are vegan but always best to check the ingredients.
1 can of soda of your choice (not diet or carbonated water)
1 cup vegan white chocolate – I used 2 of the Free From easter eggs from Sainsburrys.
1 cup raspberries
1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to the temp on the cake box.
- Pour your cake mix into a big bowl and add the can of soda. Mix it all up so there are no lumps.
- Chop half your white chocolate roughly and add it to the mix. Fold in 3/4 of the raspberries.
- Pour the batter into a greased cake dish.
- Follow baking instructions on the box. It might seem a bit gooey in the middle after baking but thats just the chocolaty goodness.
- After taking the cake out, while it’s cooling, melt the remaining white chocolate (I put a bowl over a boiling pot of water) and drizzle on top.
- Mash up the remaining raspberries with the maple syrup and drizzle on top.
Thats it, I told you it was easy!
These blondies turned out perfectly sticky and sweet! You can serve them warm with some vanilla ice cream (Booja booja is my fav) on the side.