We are starting to arrive in soup season and I’m feeling great about it. I have been trying to make a new soup each week for lunches but after making this recipe I’ve just kept making it over and over because it is so tasty and satisfying. Another thing I love about this soup is that it is filling but also makes me feel light and energized after eating it.
- 3 medium potatoes
- 3 large leeks
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1 white onion
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Chop your onion and your leeks (remember to wash your leeks!) and sauté them in a bit of water for around 5 minutes until they are soft.
- Chop your garlic and add into the pot.
- Peel and cube the potatoes, add them to the pot.
- Add your 4 cups of vegetable stock (I use 4 cups of water and 2 Kallo stock cubes to make it extra flavourful.)
- Bring to a boil then let simmer for about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Blend it all up until it’s smooth.
This is seriously the easiest and most delicious soup I have made yet. This recipe gives me about 3 days lunches and is especially tasty with a slice of bruschetta on the side.
This is a simplified version of the Thug Kitchen recipe. A great addition to any cook’s collection.
Bonus bruschetta recipe:
- 1/2 cup fresh cherry tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- splash of olive oil
- 1 slice of fresh sour dough or nice bread
- salt to taste
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half.
- Mince a clove of garlic and add it to the bowl of tomatoes.
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil and add salt to taste.
- Put tomato mixture on a slice of bread and grill for a few minutes, checking on it every minute, until bread is slightly crisp.