The other day my mom made the most delicious pre dinner snack. I am a huge fan of salsa and guacamole with tortilla chips and this dip is kind of a hearty combination of the two. It is so good that it could be eaten with tortilla chips, in tacos, or even on rice for dinner. It is made from easily available, healthy ingredients so there is really no reason not to make this stuff!
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can sweet corn
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/3 red onion chopped finely
- 1-2 limes worth of juice
- 1 avocado
- 1.5 tsp cumin
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1/2 cup loosely packed chopped fresh coriander
- 2 seeded and finely chopped jalapeños
- 1/2-1 tsp salt and pepper to taste
- optional hot sauce
- Drain and rinse the back beans and the corn, add them to a large bowl.
- Chop garlic and red onion, add to bowl.
- Chop tomatoes and mix into bowl.
- Add cumin and coriander to the mixture.
- Cut avocado into small cubes and add to the bowl.
- Add lime juice, salt, pepper, and hot sauce. Gently mix together in the large bowl and enjoy!
This dip is super easy to throw together so would be perfect to bring to a party or to have out when friends come over. Or just make a big bowl for yourself and enjoy! It is also really tasty on top of some baked potatoes for dinner!