In honour of St Patricks day I thought I would post a recipe involving whisky. Though I am not normally a whisky drinker myself, this drink is perfect and the strength can be changed to the drinkers taste. I know the title says “Baileys” but this is more like a creamy coffee cocktail, perfect for sipping or to put in your morning coffee if you’re feeling fun.
I am aware that there is actual vegan baileys available these days, I’ve tried it and its great, but this is something different all together and I just couldn’t think of a better name for it. So here it is…
- 1/2 cup coffee – I used instant, cooled down
- 1 light coconut milk – keep at room temp so it doesn’t separate. If it does, just heat it slightly until combined. I recommend using full fat only if you are drinking it warm as the fat will get chunky
- 1-2 tbsp agave or maple syrup – I use 2 because I like it sweet
- 2-3 shots whiskey or more if you like it boozy
- optional splash of vanilla
Thats it! just mix it together in a jar or large glass.
Feel free to get crazy, add some chocolate syrup and make yourself a mudslide.
Happy Paddy’s Day!